Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Assignment #13

I analyzed Frank D. LoMonte's essay, in that essay we had a lot of useful background information.
that background information made his argument more successful because it helped him state is case and prove it. He states the case Amanda Tatro  vs the University of Minnesota was a "hard case" and he was able to back that up with background information. Specifically by informing the reader on what the Facebook postings said. Also how the University punished her.

I also feel he used a trustworthy tone. I feel as if any reader would take his side and agree that this was a hard case. He made it feel as if he was a students also and how would you feel if that happened to you. I felt like he used a trustworthy tone while reading his paper. It also helped his argument because readers are more easily connected to his paper through his tone used.

He also made his stance obvious, and stated a purpose for writing his. That also helped his argument because it gives the reader a purpose for reading this argument. He said that students may be afraid to speak out on campus now, and I believe that is a good purpose for writing a paper because it is true. It also applies to millions that do attend school and are active speakers, or use social networking sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment